Guest Guidelines & Information
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW WHILE STAYING WITH US!
We are thrilled that you chose Peninsula Vacation Rentals as your premier Leelanau County accommodations company! A few things we would like share with you.
DEPARTURE DETAILS & CLEANING~
We are proud to partner with local cleaning experts that take pride in their work and these properties. To ensure each property receives the thorough CDC disinfecting and cleaning, we need your assistance in making the home ready for them to do their job! It is very important to us to support our local economy here in Leelanau, as we are one big family. Here are some things we ask upon your departure:
PLEASE DEPART BY THE LATEST 10AM SO WE HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME TO PREPARE FOR INCOMING GUESTS.
WE ALSO KINDLY ASK FOR YOU TO…
- Empty and wipe out the refrigerator.
- Wash, dry and put away all dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans that you used during your stay.
- Empty all waste baskets. Place all refuse in appropriate outside containers.
- Place all used towels in the laundry room. Please do as much laundry as time allows you.
- Leave all used beds unmade.
- Before leaving the house, open windows and turn on all fans. The house should be aired out for 10 minutes after you leave for cleaning personnel to enter the property.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR STAY WITH US! ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CALL MARY LOU AT 231-633-9684 OR SARAH AT 231-499-1617.
HELPFUL INFORMATION & GUIDELINES~
ALL OUR PROPERTIES ARE NON-SMOKING –any cigarette butts found in the gardens or anywhere else on the property will result in an extra charge. Thank you for your consideration.
PAPER PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES- Each property is equipped with enough products to get you started for your stay. Should you run out of something, please replace them by supporting one our fine stores in the area.
SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEMS are fragile in this area. Please only flush organic material and no wipes, feminine products, nor disposable diapers.
LINENS & TOWELS- One set of linens and towels are provided for each guest to use during their stay.
FIREPLACES- Many of our homes have fireplaces for your use! Please acquaint yourself with the directions on how to use and care for these amenities, which can be found in the home or call us for assistance.
ELECTRICAL OUTAGES- We are up north and enjoying our nature’s beauty also means living with nature’s weather! When the electricity goes out, there is no air/heat, lights, internet, refrigerator/freezer, water nor garage door opener. Open the refrigerator sparingly to maintain temp, find the flashlights, fill buckets with lake water and use to flush toilets. Call us right away (Mary Lou at 231-633-9684) so we can report the outage to the electric company and text you with updates and restoration information. Look on our homepage for activities in the area you can do while restoration is completed!
CALLING ALL MASTER GRILL OPERATORS! Please clean the grill after each use with tools provided. Please keep grill away from the house to avoid exterior damage to the home. Please replace the propane or charcoal you used. HAPPY GRILLING!
IT IS A BUGS LIFE- Remember you are North and that means we have bugs, ants, fish flies, spiders, mice, black flies, gnats, ticks, dragonflies, crickets, grasshoppers, chipmunks, squirrels and even black bear! We are in the middle of many eco-systems and though we try to prepare our properties for maximum comfort, some of these pests will just be a part of your stay here in Leelanau. Some things you can do to help prevent hassles is:
- Empty your garbage often, closing the tops on the outdoor garbage bins.
- Do not leave any food out on counters, nor in outdoor areas.
- Do not leave doors open.
- Check your children and pets for ticks after hiking. (We have experienced an up”tick” in ticks these last few years. Please visit the Michigan.gov website for more information on how to prevent, remove, or care for possible tick infection.
SWIMMER’S ITCH- All inland lakes in Northern Michigan including Lake Leelanau & Little Traverse Lake in past years have reported cases of swimmer’s itch. Efforts have been made to eradicate it, however, by employing a few simple actions, it can be avoided. (Lake Michigan does not have cases of swimmer’s itch reported)
- Do not sit or play in the shallow water near the shore for any length of time.
- Enter the water from the end of the dock.
- As soon as you leave the water, towel off your feet and legs until dry.
- Have children change out of wet bathings suits and into something dry if they have been playing in the shallow water.
- If someone seems to have signs of itchy from being in the water, immediately wash feet and legs with Fels Naptha or any strong soap, dry the skin and get into dry clothes. (Applying generous amount of sunscreen before entering the water has been known to sometimes aid in avoiding getting swimmer’s itch.)
GARBAGE DAY- Most of our properties garbage pick up days are Monday (Leland area) and Wednesday (Little Traverse Lake area). Please put garbage bins out at the end of the driveway to maintain adequate disposal of refuse. This removal cost is included in your stay, however, we need your help. Thank you!
RECYCLING- Most bottle and cans are worth $.10 in Michigan! Most of our local stores take back rinsed returnables, especially if they sell the product in their establishment. We also have a recycling center in Leland, Suttons Bay, Cedar and Glen Arbor for your plastics and cardboard. We appreciate you properly discard/recycle anything you bring on to the property. Help keep this majestic county beautiful!
We have listed several helpful websites to plan your adventures here in Leelanau on our home page. Please take a look see & have the most fabulous time making incredible memories!